New and Newest


In all the years that I have been crocheting rag rugs, I may have sold two or three. The remaining 50 (or so) have been gifts. Recently, I opened an account with a site called "Etsy" from which I may sell a rug or two in the future. Feel free to visit my "shop" there: 
http://www.etsy.com/listing/60257126/crocheted-rag-rug


Although it slows to a standstill oftentimes, I am also in the process of crocheting a large living-room rug for my daughter, Lauren. I have a long way to go. This rug is different in that I am using 2" strips, instead of 3" or 1 1/2". I think 2" are "PERFECT"!...easy on my hands, economical on fabric, and a nice, flexible, safe rug height. So, 2" is probably what I will choose from now on. (that is, after I've used up all the rolls of 3")


Has anyone out there in Cyberland been inspired to begin a rag rug?

2 comments:

Lori said...

After looking at your blog I have seriously given it thought. They are beautiful. I am not that great of a crocheter so I am not sure how it would turn out. I met a woman last year at a farmer's market who made them too but I noticed that hers had frayed threats kind of sticking out all over. I guess you must have to turn the edges in as you go. I think I may get brave enough to start a small one. Thanks for sharing your work with us. Do you have any other blogs?

Leslie said...

Hi Lori!

Yes, I do turn the edges in to the middle. If you go back to the earliest posts on this site, it will explain, step by step. Go for it!

And, yes, I do have other blogs. This is the link to my spiritual diary, of sorts. Just a way to remind myself of what God has taught me through the years. http://lesliesteps.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment


Ethan and his Rainbow Rug