Milestones


As I look back upon the rugs that have kept my hands occupied, I realize that most commemorate a major milestone in someone's life.
Many have been wedding gifts. Some for birthdays #30, #50, #80. A few for special anniversaries, housewarmings, farewells or welcomes.
One of my latest creations was a rug for my niece's 30th birthday. It was to be "ugly", since the area
she plans to place it is well traveled. Tried as I might to make it "dirty" to hide the dirt, it turned out beautiful! Here it is in all it's glory!

3 comments:

Leila said...

Good for you! One of my treasured possessions is the rag rug at my kitchen sink, made not by me but by a friend of my relative's in upstate New York. I would give a lot to know how she did it! (It's woven, not crocheted, and very pretty.)

You obviously put a lot of love and thought into your creations!

Kristin - The Goat said...

You are right, it is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Hey Sis -

I just got to see BriAnne's rug last night! Even though it came to my house and I threatened to keep it rather than forward it, I didn't peak. It is just perfect for her room and has all the colors I associate with her. Your talent for choosing just the right combination is amazing.
Much love,
Robyn

Post a Comment


Ethan and his Rainbow Rug