How I Got Started

The first time I saw a crocheted rag-rug, I knew that someday I would make one of my own. I was immediately impressed with the rug's elements of beauty, practicality, service, industry, endurance and comfort. I'm not sure how much time passed before I found someone who could show me how to do it. But, the kind instruction from a friend, during an evening of hospitality and fellowship was enough to get me started on what is now a life-long hobby.


The timing of this newly found craft couldn't have been better. Our 5 year old son was having sessions of seizure activity that would last for 2 to 3 hours, after which he may sleep for just as long. Rag-rugging became my "worry stone", giving me something constructive to do with my hands, while prayerfully watching over him.

2 comments:

Patty said...

I wanna learn how to make those too

Rebekah said...

What lovely work! Thank you so much for visiting and commenting on my blog. What a blessing it is to 'meet' other people. Have a blessed day!

Post a Comment


Ethan and his Rainbow Rug